Chronicle
The Austro British Society was founded in 1946, the first members being the British soldiers stationed in Carinthia after the war.The purpose of the society was to promote mutual understanding between the Austrian and British people.
The society, supported by the 'British Council' provided books for the library and furniture for the club room. The first club house was in the Villacherstr.1. There had been many moves before we ended up at our present location, the favourite of most members was the clubhouse in the former Wurm Garage in 1982.
Die Oesterreichisch-Britische Gesellschaft wurde im Jahr 1946 gegruendet. Die ersten Mitglieder der Gesellschaft waren britische Soldaten, die nach dem Krieg in Kaernten stationiert waren.
Der Zweck der Gesellschaftsgruendung war, die Oesterreicher den Briten naeherzubringen, als auch den sozialen Umgang miteinander zu foerdern. Die Gesellschaft wurde vom 'British Council' unterstuetzt, es wurden Buecher fuer die Bibliothek und Moebel fuer den Clubraum zur Verfuegung gestellt.
Der erste Clubraum war in der Villacherstr.1, nach vielen Umzuegen sind wir nun endlich in unseren jetztigen Raeumlichkeiten. Der Clubraum in der frueheren Wurm-Garage im Jahr 1982 wurde von allen jedoch am meisten geschaetzt und frequentiert.
Home
Subscriptions
Chronicle
Contact us
Commitee
Newsletters
Events